Terms & Conditions
The following TERMS and CONDITIONS apply to all proceedings administered by The Dispute Resolution Institute:
- By choosing The Dispute Resolution Institute to serve as the provider of alternative dispute resolution services pursuant to agreement of the parties, or in the event that The Dispute Resolution Institute has been appointed by the court, the attorneys for the parties shall be responsible for payment of all fees for services rendered.
- All invoices issued by The Dispute Resolution Institute are payable upon receipt. Any unpaid invoice beyond sixty (60) days from the date of issuance shall accrue a monthly finance charge at the rate of 1.5%. If litigation is commenced for collection of unpaid invoices, The Dispute Resolution Institute shall be entitled to receive reasonable attorney’s fees of not less than $500.00 in addition to the principal sum due and interest accrued thereon.
- The parties agree that The Dispute Resolution Institute and its employees, agents, and principals, shall not be subpoenaed as a witness or expert, nor shall any documents in the possession of The Dispute Resolution Institute be subpoenaed, in any pending or subsequent litigation with respect to any matter relating to any ADR.
- The parties and their attorneys agree to defend and hold The Dispute Resolution Institute harmless and reimburse The Dispute Resolution Institute for any attorney’s fees incurred resulting from any subpoena from any party regarding the subject matter of any ADR.
- The Dispute Resolution Institute, and its employees, agents, or principals, are not necessary or proper parties in any judicial proceeding relating this ADR.
- The Dispute Resolution Institute, and its employees, agents, or principals, shall not be liable in any way to any party or attorney for any act, error, or omission of any type, and all parties and their attorneys hereby expressly release The Dispute Resolution Institute, and its employees, agents, or principals for any and all claims arising out of any proceeding it administers.
Refund/Cancellation/Privacy for Online Transactions
If you are unable to attend the CLE course, you may send a substitute or you will receive the course materials in full consideration of tuition paid.
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information:
“Company and Personal Data”
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, company, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised, telephone number, and other relevant company and personal. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us in order to register for CLE events offered by us.
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
Purposes for which we hold your Information
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organize
Company and Personal Data
We will process any Company and Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
(a) to provide you with the goods or services you have ordered;
(b) to contact you if required in connection with your request to order or to respond to any communications you might send to us
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website.
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfill your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements). We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
Your Personal Data is held on secure servers, and any credit card information is transmitted to our merchant vendor via secured communications. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organizational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2002 we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at 215-656-4374.